ESC Empowering Youth Community
Empowering Youth Community is a European Solidarity Corps project realised by AICEM and the Institute of Italian Culture of Tbilisi.
About the organisations
Founded and run by volunteers, works with young people to disseminate values and principles based on human rights and education.
Operating in the linguistic and literary field, it has two complementary aims, that are the promotion of Italian culture and language in Georgia, with an inclusive and democratic orientation, and of Georgian culture abroad, specifically in Italy and European countries.
The organisations' mission is to foster/create safe spaces within which young people from all over the world can develop skills, abilities, and competencies to actively participate in their societies and realise their ideas and proposals for change to improve their communities.
About the ESC Empowering Youth Community Project
The five-month Project in Tbilisi (Georgia) aims to focus on media literacy, active citizenship, intercultural dialogue, the conscious use of new technologies, and the promotion of the Italian language and culture. Therefore, the ESC volunteers will carry out activities concerning mainly the administration of platforms of the organisation and the management of workshops, seminars and activities with local institutions and entities, as well as the support for the Italian course administration.
- language and intercultural promotion initiatives;
- media literacy and digital education;
- article writing;
- management of the younews.ge and wiki youth.ge portals;
- communication and promotion activities;
- events and meetings on European good practices on topics of interest to young people (e.g. environment);
- meetings on European opportunities, intercultural dialogue and active citizenship;
- monthly seminars on human rights;
- cooperation with local organisations;
- development of a personal project.
For more info, check the Infopack
Get to know the ESC volunteers
Sofia , 24y/o, from Rome. She studied International Law and Politics and aspires to become a cultural mediator.
Clara , 27y/o, from Venice. She studied Languages and International Relations and she would like to become a peace builder.
If you want to follow the activities of our volunteers, you can read their reports in the articles section